Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Unplugged

Sometimes Henry and I spend all day busily learning and playing without going on the computer or vegging out in front of the TV. And on other days . . . let's just say it's kind of embarrassing how often I hear "watch dvd." from my toddler as he positions himself on his favorite chair. I also find that the computer can suck up time that I just don't have. For some reason the ability to find out anything I'm interested in at that very moment is addictive. Who knew? While the internet has been great for discovering new resources, I've noticed my stack of books is taking a little longer to go down now that I'm reading so many education blogs and websites. That said, I'm thinking of putting some limits on the time we spend plugged in. At least until there is an emergency that requires Henry to be occupied by Thomas the train . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment