Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

18 Months

Henry is a year and a half as of yesterday. I was planning on starting to do this ABC Jesus loves me curriculum with him starting at this age, but I think instead I might borrow some of those ideas but do more of a Montessori themed curriculum that I'm working on. Most of the plans for toddlers that I've seen focus on one letter or number at a time, doing one a week and centering the activities around that letter or number. I'm not sure that's the best plan for us, since Henry knows the letters and the numbers (non-sequentially) and the letter sounds already. We may just work on colors or shapes and I'll probably spend most of my baby-teaching energy on potty training and banishing the bottle. I love the tray-activity idea explained on this site, and I ordered some art trays to try it out. The problem for us is space - there is no way we have space to have multiple trays of activities out at a time, but maybe just one a day would be good?

Also our sand/water table came in the mail today and I can't wait to set it up. The days are getting warmer and I know Henry will love to play outside more!

No comments:

Post a Comment